If You are accessing, using or browsing this Site on behalf of an individual other than Yourself, which may be either a natural person or an entity other than Yourself:
- You represent, warrant and covenant that You are at least age 18;
- You represent, warrant and covenant that You are authorized to engage in the activities that You conduct within the Site on behalf of that person or entity other than Yourself, which by way of illustration but not limitation includes the submission and receipt of any and all Personal Information on behalf of that person or entity other than Yourself;
- You agree that We can rely on Your representation that You are authorized to engage in the activities that You conduct within the Site on behalf of that natural person or entity other than Yourself; and
What Personal Information does My City Med collect?
My City Med collects several types of Personal Information: personally identifying information that cannot be traced back to You; personally identifying information that can be traced back to You; and personally identifying information that can be traced back to You and that includes or is linked or associated with health-related information.
You can access and browse the Site at any time without providing Personal Information that can be traced back to You.
When You visit the Site, My City Med may also automatically collect with Cookies, and similar technology, Personal Information about Your use of the Site. This Personal Information cannot be traced back to You. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by Your web browser software on Your computer’s hard drive or temporarily in Your computer’s memory. My City Med also automatically collects the location of Your computer on the Internet, known as Your internet protocol address (“IP Address”), when You visit the Site.
What about the collection of Personal Information from children?
You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Site. If My City Med learns that it has received any Personal Information from anyone who is not at least age 18, We will delete that information from My City Med’ database.
Why does My City Med need Your Personal Information?
What should You know about Cookies?
To learn more about Cookies, please visit http://allaboutcookies.org/. Although most web browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies, if You prefer, You may decline the placement of a Cookie on Your hard drive by using the appropriate feature(s) of Your web browser software (if available) to delete the Cookie. But You should understand that certain areas within this Site may not function properly if the web browser will not accept Cookies.
Does My City Med disclose Your Personal Information to third parties?
- With respect to obtaining certain products and/or services from this Site, My City Med may disclose to a third party Your Personal Information that We gather from You during an initial voluntary User registration process for the Site (“Registration Information“); as a result, You do not have to enter Your Registration Information more than once. My City Med may also disclose Your Registration Information to certain third parties in connection with various programs and tools created and administered by third parties that are included in the Site as an additional service to users. The use of Your Registration Information by these Third Party Programs is described below in the “What about information You enter into Third Party Programsincluded in the Site?” section.
- We may provide Your Registration Information to Our marketing partners with whom You have explicitly authorized Us to share this information, and whose offers You have elected to receive via electronic delivery, telemarketing and direct mail. Additionally, We may employ other third parties to perform services or functions on Our behalf in order to improve Our Site, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services, or to facilitate e-commerce transactions, including processing orders placed by credit card. Those third parties may include authorized contractors, consultants and other companies working with Us (collectively, “Agents“). These Agents only have access to Your Personal Information as needed to perform their functions, and they may not use any of Your Personal Information for any other purpose than providing or improving My City Med’ services and offerings.
- My City Med also reserves the right to share or transfer Your Registration Information or other Personal Information as We determine in Our sole discretion to be necessary or appropriate in the following circumstances: to comply with a legal requirement; to enforce Our terms and conditions; to protect Our operations or those of any affiliate of My City Med; to protect Our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of any affiliate of My City Med, You or others; to disclose any activities or information about You to law enforcement or other government officials, including public or government authorities outside Your country of residence; in connection with an investigation of fraud, for the administration of justice, intellectual property infringements or other activity that is illegal or may expose Us or You to legal liability; in cooperation with various law enforcement inquiries; to allow Us to pursue available remedies or limit Our damages; and/or in emergency situations.
- My City Med discloses Personal Information to third parties or advertisers in aggregate form, that is, in a manner that cannot be traced back to You. For example, My City Med might tell an advertiser how many males between 20 and 30 years in age have visited the Site over a period of time.
How does My City Med use and disclose Your Protected Health Information?
My City Med’ use and disclosure of Your Protected Health Information is governed by HIPAA.
When You use the Appointment Services to request an appointment with a selected Healthcare Provider, all Protected Health Information that You submit with the Appointment Materials or created from Your use of the Appointment Services is used and disclosed by My City Med as a Business Associate (as defined by HIPAA) according to the terms of a Business Associate Agreement between Us and that Healthcare Provider. This means that My City Med may only use and disclose Your Protected Health Information on behalf of, or to provide services to, the Healthcare Provider for the appointment scheduling services available through the Appointment Services according to the terms of the Business Associate Agreement. There are three exceptions to this use and disclosure rule. My City Med may use and disclose Your Protected Health Information (i) for its internal management and administration; (ii) to carry out its legal responsibilities; and (iii) to perform certain data aggregation services for the Healthcare Provider and other Healthcare Providers; provided that, any disclosures for Our internal management and administration or to carry out Our legal responsibilities are either required by law or made after My City Med obtains reasonable assurances from the person to whom the Protected Health Information is disclosed that it will be held confidentially and used or further disclosed only as required by law or for the purpose for which it was disclosed to that person.
Some of the appointment scheduling services available through the Appointment Services for a particular Healthcare Provider may be provided by subcontractors of My City Med. The Subcontractor must comply with the same terms and conditions for the Protected Health Information that apply to My City Med as a Business Associate of the Healthcare Provider.
What does My City Med do to keep Your Personal Information and Protected Health Information Secure?
On this Site and within My City Med, We seek to use appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to reasonably safeguard Your Personal Information and Protected Health Information under Our control from unauthorized use, release or access. For example, My City Med grants access to any stored Personal Information and Protected Health Information only to authorized personnel. Moreover, when You register on-line or accesses Your account information through this Site, My City Med offers You the ability to use a secure server. The secure server encrypts all information that You input before it is sent to My City Med.
Please be advised, however, that although My City Med has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site for its users, the confidentiality and security of any communication or material transmitted to or from My City Med via this Site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure at any time. When disclosing any Personal Information or Protected Health Information, You should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to the public, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without Your consent. Accordingly, You should consider carefully if You want to submit sensitive information that You would not want disclosed to the public and should recognize that Your use of the Internet and this Site is solely at Your risk. You, alone, are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy for all Your Personal Information including Your Protected Health Information. My City Med has no responsibility or liability to anyone for the security of Your Protected Health Information or any of Your Personal Information transmitted via the Internet. My City Med urges all of its users to be careful and responsible whenever they are on-line.
If You have any reason to believe that Your interaction with My City Med through this Site is no longer secure, please immediately notify Us of this problem as described in the “Further questions or comments?” section below.
What should You know about external web sites?
Can You opt-out of My City Med’ use and disclosure of Your Personal Information?
- from receiving future marketing-related e-mails from My City Med by clicking on the “opt-out” link in any e-mail sent to You by My City Med.
- Please note that if You opt-out as described above, My City Med will not be able to remove Your Personal Information from the databases of Our affiliates or unaffiliated third parties with whom We have already shared Your Personal Information as of the date of Your opt-out request. Please also note that if You do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from Us, My City Med may still send administrative messages to You. You cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages from My City Med.
Do You have the ability to access, change or remove Your Personal Information?
At any time, You may contact My City Med via e-mail to request:
- A summary of any of Your Personal Information retained by My City Med;
- A change to the Your Personal Information maintained by My City Med; or
- Removal of Your Personal Information from My City Med’ database.
You should send Your request to useragreement@Mycitymed.com. In the event My City Med receives such a request, My City Med may require You to confirm or verify any change to Your Personal Information.
Can You opt-out of My City Med’ use and disclosure of Your Protected Health Information or access, change or remove Your Protected Health Information?
When You use the Appointment Services, You may receive various administrative e-mails automatically sent by My City Med. These administrative messages do not contain marketing-related information. You cannot opt-out from receiving any administrative e-mail sent by My City Med.
My City Med treats as Protected Health Information all personally identifying information that You submit with the Appointment Materials to request an appointment with a selected Healthcare Provider and that My City Med or a Subcontractor creates from Your use of the Appointment Services. As described in the “How does My City Med use and disclose Your Protected Health Information? section above, all Protected Health Information is used and disclosed by My City Med according to the terms of its Business Associate Agreement with Your selected Healthcare Provider. To comply with HIPAA, Your Healthcare Provider must provide You with rights in certain circumstances with respect to Your Protected Health Information, regardless of whether Your requested appointment is scheduled or Your scheduled appointment is fulfilled. Very generally described, these rights are a right to restrict the uses and disclosures of, a right of access to, a right to amend and a right to receive an accounting of the disclosures of Your Protected Health Information. These limited rights will be described in detail in the Healthcare Provider’s notice of privacy practices. If You wish to restrict the uses and disclosures of Your Protected Health Information, amend, or receive an accounting of the disclosures of Your Protected Health Information, then, You must do so through Your Healthcare Provider. Upon termination of Our Business Associate Agreement with a particular Healthcare Provider, My City Med generally must return or destroy all Protected Health Information received on behalf of or created for that particular Healthcare Provider and then maintained in any form by My City Med or a Subcontractor. If You have requested or scheduled an appointment with that Healthcare Provider, any Protected Health Information that You submitted with the Appointment Materials for appointment or otherwise maintained by My City Med or a Subcontractor in connection with that appointment will be returned to the Healthcare Provider or destroyed by My City Med. This means that until the Business Associate Agreement is terminated with that Healthcare Provider, My City Med or a Subcontractor can use and disclosure Your Protected Health Information as described in the “How does My City Med use and disclose Your Protected Health Information?” section above following the termination of:
- any Appointment ID Number, which You received upon completion of the OAS scheduling process for the Healthcare Provider;
- Your account with the Healthcare Provider; the My City Med’ Limited License and User Agreement; and/or
How to distinguish between Advertisements and Editorial Content?
My City Med believes that it is important for You to easily differentiate between advertising and independent, editorial content on the Site; thus, My City Med has developed an Advertising Policy that explains My City Med’ approach to ensure that the advertising You see on the Site has no influence on the quality, accuracy or selection of editorial content that My City Med provides My City Med clearly identifies all advertising on the Site. When My City Med speaks of “advertising” or “advertisements,” it refers to all forms of advertising, sponsorships and promotions for which My City Med receives compensation. My City Med has established guidelines on how it labels advertising so that You will know what is an advertisement and what is editorial content. My City Med uses clear and consistent language and visual cues or descriptors to distinguish advertising from editorial content.
- The phrases “Provided By” and “Sponsored By” are used to identify content that is created or influenced by an advertiser. My City Med identifies advertiser-influenced content as “Provided By” or “Sponsored By” advertising so that You can distinguish such content from editorially independent content for which My City Med has sole editorial control. You can recognize advertiser-influenced content on the Site by use of the “Provided By” or “Sponsored By” label and the name of the advertiser that appears in the sponsored content.
What about information You enter into Third Party Programs included in My City Med’ Site?
Further questions or comments?